Triple Chocolate Chunk Muffin Knock-Offs of Whole Food’s 6 Dollar per 4 Chocolate Chunk VitaTop Muffins
1 3/4 c oats
- 3 egg whites
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt (or regular plain low fat yogurt)
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar (or 1-1/2 Tbsp. vinegar)
- 1-1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1-1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 cup sugar substitute (like Splenda granular) OR 1/4 cup + 2 tbs stevia
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (or use white chocolate or peanut butter chips!)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 (12-cup) muffin pans with foil cupcake liners, or spray muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
In a blender, (or food processor), mix all of the ingredients together, except for the chocolate chips. Blend until oats are ground and mixture is smooth.
Place mixture in a bowl and gently stir in 1/2 of the chocolate chips (set the rest aside). Scoop mixture into prepared muffin pans.
Place muffins tins in the oven for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, remove muffins from the oven (but don’t shut oven off), and distribute the other half of the chocolate chips on top of each muffin.
Place the muffins back into the oven and bake for an additional 2-5 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. *Note, you could skip this step by putting all of the chips in the batter, and baking the muffins for 12-15 min straight, but this method gives the muffins the traditional ‘VitaTop Muffin’ look with the chocolate chips on top!
Cool muffins before removing from pan. ENJOY!!!
Servings: 12 Big Muffins or 24 Smaller Muffins
Calories: 116 Calories Per Muffin or 58 Calories Per Muffin.
CLEAN Pizza by @OxygenMagazine
- 3/4 cup warm water, heated in microwave on high for one minute
- 1 1/2 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- Olive oil cooking spray
- Put the water into a bowl and sprinkle the yeast over it. Then, add the salt and sugar and mix briefly. Add in the flour and mix again.
- Lightly oil a medium bowl. Put the dough into the bowl and with greased hands, kneed it gently for 30 to 45 seconds. Rotate the dough to coat the entire surface with the oil.
- Cover the dough with kitchen towel and set it aside in a warm spot so it can rise until its bulk has doubled (1 to 1 1/2 hours).
- Spray a large pizza pan (approximately 14-inches) with oil. Spread the dough onto the pan using the fingertips to push it toward the edges.
- Proceed as directed in the individual recipes.
Mushroom and Spinach Pizza
- 1 cup fresh tomato sauce
- 1 cup (packed) fresh spinach, chopped
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup fat-free mozzarella, grated
- Pizza dough (see recipe below)
- Spread the sauce evenly around the dough. Next, add the spinach, followed by the mushrooms and the cheese.
- Bake at 450 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 to 20 minutes - the cheese should be slightly brown. Makes 8 servings.
Nutrients per serving (per 112 g):
Calories: 147.8, Fat: 1.9 g, Cholesterol: 0.7 mg, Carbohydrates: 27.5 g, Protein: 5.3 g
Who says fit girls can’t have pizza? This Clean Spinach and Mushroom Pizza is definitely allowed!